What information we collect from you
In General. We receive and store any information that you enter on our website, or give to us in any other way, such as by making a purchase on our website or based on how you find and access our website. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as (but not limited to) your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, internet protocol addresses, MAC addresses, and billing information, such as credit card number, cardholder name, zip code, and expiration date. We may also request information about your hotel room preferences and any programs you belong to for affiliates we may have from time to time, such as services offering flights, rental cars, or other ground transportation. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general, some information about you is required in order for you to register to use our services; book any reservation; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes that we may offer from time to time; ask us a question, or initiate other transactions on our website.
Tenants Information. When you rent a property through this website, we will request personal information about that individual, including their rental preferences. You should obtain the consent of all other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and preferences and making any reservations or transactions on their behalf through our website. Any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
Information from Other Sources. We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources and add it to our information about you. Information we may receive include, by way of example only and not as a limitation: updated delivery and address information, your purchase history, and your demographic information, including but not limited to age and gender. In addition, if you sign up for or make any transaction on our website using your social media account (such as your Facebook account), link your Houzlet LLC Inc.com account to your social media account, or use certain other social media features that may be found on our website, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with the provider’s policies. The information we may have access to through your social media provider may include and not be limited to your name, email address, profile picture, gender, list of friends, age, and other information that you authorize us to receive. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (“Location Information”) to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Information may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your internet protocol (“IP”) address, web browser software (such as whether you use Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made, whether or not through our website. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
How we use your information
Email Communications. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our website. One way we may do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent travel-related interests. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about relevant special offers available through our website. You will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages by unsubscribing in any such email we send.
With whom we share your information
This website may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors, who provide services or functions on our behalf, including payment coordination, credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Business partners, with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. We do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to our website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of your personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims whether by you or any third party; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us in our sole and absolute discretion.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or our website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and any other agreements you may have entered with us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, reorganization, or restructuring, such as an acquisition, divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregated or anonymous information with third parties, including without limitation current or potential advertisers and investors. This information may include disclosing the number of visitors our website receives, or the most popular destinations or properties (specifically or generally described by features) reserved through our website. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any personal information or other information, although it may be needed to make reservations through our website or to take advantage of certain features offered on our website.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial emails in any such message that we send you. We reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on our website, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The “Help” option on most Internet browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from our website, you may not be able to access portions of our website, or the services and features offered by our website will be greatly diminished or unavailable to you.
Cookies and other technologies
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site. We also may record your password in a cookie, such as if you chose to be signed in automatically in the future. Please note that login identifications, passwords, and any other account-related data and information included in such cookies are encrypted for security purposes. Unless you register with us, these cookies will not contain any personally identifying information.
- To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on our website and on other sites across the Internet. For example, when you access a page on our website, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of our website’s features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by analyzing and ascertaining which emails you open and act upon).
The “Help” option on most Internet browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from our website, you may not be able to access portions of our website, or the services and features offered by our website will be greatly diminished or unavailable to you.
In addition to the above cookies, we use local shared objects, also referred to as “flash cookies,” on our website. These are used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content on our website. Local shared objects are similar to browser cookies, but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. Like other cookies, they can only access personally identifiable information that you have provided on our website, and cannot be accessed by other websites. To find out more about flash cookies or how to disable them, please visit: Flash Player Help site.
Our website may also use web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns and movement of users from one page within our sites to another; to deliver, communicate with, or retrieve information from cookies; to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website; and to improve our website’s performance. We also may allow our service providers to use web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of tailored advertising/Your choices
Data collected by this website to serve you with relevant advertising. We are committed to providing you with relevant content and information. To do this, we may, through cookies and other technologies, collect information about your travel-related searches, such as whether you are looking for vacation rentals, short-term rentals, hotels, and other related services such as car rentals, flights, and other ground transportation. We use this information, together with other information we have collected about you, to serve you with ads, on our website or elsewhere online, that match your apparent interests. So, for example, if you search for lodging reservations within Las Vegas, Nevada on our website, you may see an ad for Las Vegas, Nevada-related travel offerings on our website or on another website you visit.
Data collected by companies that operate cookie-based exchanges to serve you with relevant advertising. Like other websites and Internet companies, our website may participate in cookie-based exchanges where anonymous information is collected about your browsing behavior through cookies and other technologies and segmented into different topics of interest, such as travel. These topics of interest are then shared with third parties, including advertisers and ad networks, so they can tailor advertisements to your apparent interests. We do not share personal information, such as your name or email address, with these companies, and we do not permit these companies to collect any such information about you on our website. Please click here to learn more about cookie-based exchanges, including how to access information about the topics of interest associated with cookies on your computer and how to decline participation in these programs.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware that these “do-not-track” signals are being transmitted. Our website currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted by a leading and recognized Internet standards-setting organization, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
How we protect your information
We are committed to protecting your personal information that we collect in order to do business. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. We employ systems, procedures, and safeguards to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Our website offers services and commercial opportunities intended for adults and does not offer services directed to children. No person under 18, or the age of legal majority, may enter into any transactions using our website. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 years of age send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
Visiting our website from outside the United States
U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework
We comply with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
How you can contact us